Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Voice Inside My Head part II

HighSchool Life
I graduated from BCHS in 2004. It feels like forever ago. My first year it was very awkward, because I rarely had friends and didn't fit in well. I wasn't smart so I didn't do very well in my classes. Maybe if I had tried harder then I would have done better, but I will never know. My sophomore year was probably one of my worst years, because I didn't fit in well with any cliques and the friends I did have at the time, bailed on me. I kinda felt like Lindsay Lohan in Mean girls eating the bathroom, but hell I never did that. I always went outside and sit in a corner with my portable CD player (MP3 players were not big back then). Junior year was good. I even had a boyfriend for a short time that is until my "friend" started a nasty rumor about me! Looking back now, she was just jealous and it makes me laugh. Senior year was the best. I got to go on a cruise to Cancun Mexico, even though my roommates sucked! It was hella fun. I didn't want to come back. I wanted to party with the Mexicans!! :) I did go to prom, but it wasn't what everyone cracked it up to be. I thought getting dressed up was the best. I didn't actually like going to the damn dance anyways. Then I finally graduated and I couldn't have been happier. I was glad to get the hell out of BCHS, but then I didn't have a clue as to where I was going to go or what I was going to do. 
College (First Time)
I wasn't smart enough to get accepted into a four year university. My dream was to go to UK but that didn't work out. I ended up going to ACTC (Ashland Community & Technical College). It wasn't that great, but that's where I started meeting guys and they were actually noticing me. I'm not going to lie I liked the attention, but what girl is going to say no they don't like attention from hot boys? hmm...NONE! I still didn't have my license, but I met new people and started hanging out and partying a lot more than I did in high school. That's when I really started to "break out from the box". I loved staying out all night drinking and talking to guys. It was fun. I didn't want a boyfriend at the time; I had more fun being single and not dealing with people's bullshit! It's a lot easier that way. It's also easier breaking something off before I got too close and got hurt. I'm not an emotional person; I keep mine locked up and if someone starts getting too close or clingy I end up pushing them away, because I know I'll just end up heartbroken and miserable over some guy. Why put myself through that? No thanks. I'll just wait to find someone I can/maybe fall in love with. Back to topic. I went to ACTC for two years and guess what? I didn't accomplish shit! Why? Well because they have fat ass lazy advisors who just felt the need to throw me in classes that were irrelevant to what I wanted (Computer Science). I dropped out because I had surgery and failed two classes. The professors refused to let me make-up the work at all. After my surgery I returned and they made me re-take classes I already had...but PASSED! They wouldn't let me retake the ones I FAILED?! 0.o It didn't make any sense to me. They also cheated me out of $1000 of student grant money with some bullshit letter saying I owed that money to the school! I then wasn't eligible for grants or student loans so I had to drop out because I had no other way to pay for my school. 
I am going to stop here for now because the next post takes a different shift...becomes a lot darker and emotional.
xoxox
Monica<3


No comments:

Post a Comment